Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Ultimate Blind Date

Yes, you read it right. A blind date. John and I met on a blind date set up by my cousin. We had our first date on February 3, 1989. We went to the movies to see Coccoon Part 2 and went to Muldoon's to eat. (For those of you who don't rembmer, Muldoon's was the restaurant where the Juvenile Court Building is now located.) We talked very little that night. When John asked me for my phone number, I teased him and told him we were too poor to have a phone. He was shocked and didn't know what to say. When I realized that he thought I was serious, I blurted it out so fast that he says he didn't know how he remembered it. But he did. When he called, we talked until the wee hours of the morning. We had so much in common that we couldn't believe. Our Grandmothers even had the same birthdays. We had the same number of siblings with almost the same number of years between them. Our parents were the same age. The same religious beliefs. We realized very soon that we were a match. John proposed Christmas of 1989 and we were married in June of 1991. So our story began.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wish I had had such good luck. I never tire of that story no matter how many times I hear it. You two were destined for each other!!!