Thursday, May 17, 2007

Wishes and Dreams

After we had been married for about 3 years, we decided to try to start our family. We did all the necessary steps, tried and tried and nothing happened. We were very suprised. By this time, John's 2 sisters had children and neither of them had troubles starting their families. We, like everyone else, always assumed that it would happen. After many dissapointing months, finally going to the doctor, (John and I both), we learned that without intervention, we would not have children of our own. Don't ask me why - but we both agreed that if we couldn't have kids the way God intended for it to happen (without intervention from doctor's I guess you could say) that we would deal with it. And deal we did. John had a more difficult time with it than me but we dealt with it and we got through it. We had fun doing the things that we wanted to do. John races go karts and at that time, he was very serious into racing. We traveled to Tennessee many time for him to race in some big races. We took off on the weekend and went to Gatlinburg when we got the urge to. We went to the beach when we wanted. We didn't have to do anything but relax. We didn't have to change diapers, worry about where the kids were, worry about nap times, travel times, daycare expenses. Many would have thought that we had it made. But we still didn't feel complete. Our wishes and dreams were still many to come.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I will always remember thinking that there had to be a reason for that happening. I always thought that it was because I knew that you two were capable of taking any child from anywhere and making it your own and loving it unconditionally. I can't imagine that God could have planned your lives more beautifully, for he always knows the plans that he has for us. I can't imagine your lives or my own for that matter without Cheyenne and Israel. God has never displayed such a perfectly orchastrated plan. I love you guys!!!

Bethany said...

I'm hooked - and even though I know how it ends, I can't wait to read the next installment!

Angela said...

Yeah. I am so glad that you started a blog. I love how you have started it. I can not wait to read the next one. Keep up the good work.