Monday, June 25, 2007

The Decision

OK - back to the story. I'm ready to get this over with so I can start sharing our day to day lives with you guys. We came down to Destin Saturday and John and I worked on the blog on the way down. It's Monday morning and it's storming outside. While we are waiting on the storm to pass, I'll update what where we got to. So I got to talking to this lady about this precious little girl that she had with her. Now I had known this family all of my life. I knew that they were foster parents but I didn’t really know what it consisted of. John and I had just always had in our minds that you would love a child and it would be snatched from you. I told her that we had discussed fostering and she said that we should go ahead and do it because there was a class staring that week. So. . . . we did it. We went to the class and the first thing that Ms. Stewart (who became to be a great friend and mentor) said was that if you are here thinking that this is all about adoption, you might as well leave now. John just looked at me – he was waiting for me to get up and leave. I told him later that if we could make a difference in just one child’s life, it would be worth it. So we stuck with it.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Thank Goodness that you stayed put!!!